LEARN, CONNECT AND sHARE
Hip Labral Tears
Occasionally patients may experience one or more of the following typical symptoms:
Educating yourself on the symptoms of hip labral tear may help your doctor to make an early diagnosis.
The questions is what does hip labral tear feel like? Depending on the severity of the injury, symptoms may vary from mild to severe and in many cases, there may be no signs or symptoms. Metaphorically it may act as a secret (silent) agent without the awareness of the individual until the condition worsens in size or severity.
1. "Hip Labral Tear." Mayo Clinic. Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research, n.d. Web. 12 Nov. 2012. <http://www.mayoclinic.com/>
2. Anderson, K., SM Stricikland, and R. Warren. "Hip and Groin Injuries in Athletes."American Journal of Sports Medicine (2001): 29:521-533 n. pag. Print.
3. "Labral Tears." Duke Orthopaedics. N.p., n.d. Web. 12 Nov. 2012. <http://www.dukehealth.org/>.
4. "Hip Labral Tear Exercises." LIVESTRONG.COM. N.p., 18 Mar. 2011. Web. 12 Nov. 2012. <http://www.livestrong.com/>.
5. "Acetabular Labral Tear." WebMD. WebMD, n.d. Web. 12 Nov. 2012. <http://www.webmd.com/>.
6. "Labral Tears." UC San Diego Sports Medicine. N.p., n.d. Web. 12 Nov. 2012. <http://sportsmedicine.ucsd.edu/>.
7. "Pain Symptoms of a Hip Labrum Tear." EHow Health. Demand Media, n.d. Web. 12 Nov. 2012. <http://www.ehow.com/>.
On the other hand many existing symptoms of a hip labral tear are similar to signs and symptoms of a snapping hip syndrome, groin strain, sports hernia or other athletic injuries related with hip joint. As a result, diagnosing a hip labral tear case may be a very challenging issue.