- Warm-up prior to exercise and cool down afterwards.
- Manage your weight, don't forget being overweight is also not a good thing for your hips, so stay in a healthy weight
- Take it easy with yourself, lower the amount of exercise to a level which is right for you
- Don't run straight down hills, walk down instead
- Use an arch support or shoe insert if you have a flat feet, avoid high heels
- Prefer the smooth trails which has a soft surface such as a track instead of on cement
1. "MedlinePlus - Health Information from the National Library of Medicine." Hip Pain. U.S. National Library of Medicine, n.d. Web. 02 Jan. 2013.